Downsizers are emerging as a significant buying force in Perth’s apartment market and the development industry, keen to build for this segment of the market, is responding with designs and product mixes to suit.
1. Well-designed functional space. Open plan living areas that will accommodate regular-sized dining and living room suites.
2. Master bedroom. Adequate wardrobe space and enough room to easily walk around the bed.
3. Storage. Well thought out so no space is wasted. A linen cupboard and additional storage area in the complex.
4. Three bedrooms. Extra bedrooms for visitors and grandchildren.
5. Nearby amenity. Walkable distance to cafes, shops and public transport.
6. Two car bays. Many couples are not yet ready to share a car.
7. Adequate visitor bays. Convenient parking for visitors.
8. Large useable balconies. Room for indoor-outdoor entertaining which add to the net lettable area of the apartment.
9. Locations 5km to 10km from CBD. A lot of downsizers are still working.
10. Lock and leave. More travelling and little or no gardening.
This article is featured within our Perth Living magazine, available as a hard copy from our sales offices or download a complimentary soft copy here